Saturday, April 21, 2007

USL Broadcasting Kickoff on FSC

I ‘pvr’d the Fox Soccer Channel Charleston v Minneapolis game last night and am watching it this morning. I was a bit disappointed to see that they trimmed about 10 minutes off of the front end of the second half “due to time constraints”.

It wasn’t a great game, so I’m sure I didn’t miss much. I’m really glad they didn’t cut it off of the end of the game. I’d rather they hadn’t cut it at all though.

As for the game itself; the crowd was a bit sparse but I could hear drumming and horns throughout the game. The field had a lot of divots and spme thin spots, but didn’t have the (american) football markings I see in so many of the MLS games. There were some bursts of good looking play from both sides too. I enjoyed watching the game, and am looking forward to next weeks game.

Even though the game ended in a draw, the Battery looked like the better side, really taking charge in the final 25 minutes or so of the game, with some nice chances being spoiled on close offsides calls.

No comments: