Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I already put together my MLS Power Rankings for week 23, but as I was doing it, I wondered where the top USL1 sides would fit. Now that their season is over and they’re headed into the post season, here’s where I’d slot the USL playoff teams in the MLS:

  1. DC United
  2. Chivas USA
  3. New England Revolution
  4. Houston Dynamo
  5. FC Dallas
  6. Chicago Fire
  7. New York Red Bull
  8. KC Wizards
  9. Columbus Crew
  10. Seattle Sounders
  11. Portland Timbers
  12. Colorado Rapids
  13. Real Salt Lake
  14. LA Galaxy
  15. Montreal Impact
  16. Toronoto FC
  17. Atlanta Silverbacks
  18. Rochester Raging Rhinos
  19. Puerto Rico Islanders
  20. Vancouver Whitecaps
  21. Carolina Railhawks

The top three USL1 teams would probably play at competitively against the lower end of the MLS table. After that, I think there’s enough of a drop-off that we’d see a new ‘bottom-tier’ of teams beneath TFC.

No comments: