Monday, September 24, 2007

Week 25 Extra Power Rankings

Okay, time again for my (completely subjective) ‘extra power rankings’, where I’ll toss the USL1 semi-finalists in with my ranked MLS teams. I caught some flack on the Atlanta discussion boards and in a comment on my extra power rankings from last week for putting Puerto Rico ahead of the Silverbacks. It looks like I did indeed goof that up, Atlanta has shot up from #16 to #10 below—hopefully this is a more realistic picture. Anyway, here’s how I see it:

Ranking Team
1 DC United (clinched)
2 Chivas USA (clinched)
3 Houston Dynamo (clinched)
4 New England Revolution (clinched)
5 New York Red Bulls (in the mix)
6 Kansas City Wizards (in the mix)
7 Chicago Fire (in the mix)
8 FC Dallas (in the mix)
9 Seattle Sounders (in USL1 Finals)
10 Atlanta Silverbacks (in USL1 Finals)
11 Portland Timbers (eliminated from USL1 Playoffs)
12 Columbus Crew (in the mix)
13 Colorado Rapids (in the mix)
14 Real Salt Lake
14 Los Angeles Galaxy
15 Puerto Rico Islanders (eliminated from USL1 Playoffs)
17 Toronto FC

What do you think? Am I way off base on any of these?

No comments: